The Macropad1x5 is designed to be mounted to the underside of a desk or other surface. It's easy to customize the key and encoder functions. We use it for example for media control and as a microphone mute button. This is a DIY kit so it requires assembly which includes glueing and soldering.
- No added desk clutter - Since it's designed to mount (with included adhesive tape) to the underside of a desk, it's still in reach but also out of the way. Perfect for displaying artisan keycaps too!
- QMK/VIA/VIAL Support - QMK, VIA, VIAL firmware is supported and a firmware file will be available to download and use. While QMK is a powerful open-source firmware it can be daunting to get started. VIA and VIAL make reprogramming your macropad easy by providing a GUI that instantly changes the function of a key.
- Full platform support - Works on any platform that recognizes a standard keyboard (Windows, Mac and Linux).
- Acrylic design - Matte black with a tilted front panel for easy access.
- Solid aluminum knob - Attached to the tactile encoder (original Alps).
- Detailed instructions - As this is a DIY kit it requires assembly. Detailed instructions are included (with pictures ;)).
- Lots of options - Make it yours by choosing from two knob colors and too many keycap colors and switches to list here. You already have a Pro Micro (or compatible board), switches or keycaps? Deselect them and save a buck.
Optional backlight - Choose the LED add-on kit to add an LED to each switch (Includes mosfet, resistors, and 4 LEDs).
- Needed tools - Assembly requires a soldering iron, glue for acrylic and flush cutters. A USB cable is not included.
Group Buy Timeline
Group buy opens (available for purchase): April 3rd
Group buy closes: 500 units are sold or April 30th, whichever comes first.
Parts will be ordered after group buy closes.
Estimated shipping date: July 2021
This is a group buy so parts and materials will be ordered after everyone places their order. This means you will not get your product right away. We strive to hold to all estimates of time given but certain delays can occur. Regular feedback will be given throughout the process and if any delays are to be expected, it will be made known.